Up to 28 days (4 weeks) in advance for dinner.
For reservations call (831) 475-1511.
Click here to make reservations online.
Capitola and Wharf Roads, (P.O. Box 65)
Capitola-by-the-Sea, CA 95010.
Click here for directions & map.
Complimentary private lots and shuttle for Capitola Area.
Including Hotels, Motels & Residences.
Reservations & General Info:
Banquets & Weddings:
(831) 475-1222 (Office)
(831) 475-7664 (Fax)
Monday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Friday: 4:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Saturday: 4:00 pm -9:30 pm
Sunday: 4:00 pm -8:30 pm
ROCK ROOM LOUNGE HOURS:
Food Service | Monday - Friday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Saturday: 3:30 pm - 10:00 pm, Sunday: 2:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Bar Service | Monday - Friday from 4:00 pm, Saturday from 3:30 pm, Sunday from 2:30 pm
Menu items include pizzas, sandwiches, small plates & starters, available when lounge opens. Appetizers, soups, salads, flat breads & entrées available during main dining room hours only.
Shadowbrook is not open for lunch. For lunch we recommend the Crow's Nest at the Santa Cruz Harbor -- to make reservations at the Crow's Nest call: (831) 476-4560.
MasterCard VISA American Express Discover Diner´s Club Carte Blanche
Live entertainment on stage in Rock Room Lounge weekends, some weeknights. Jazz, easy listening. Click here for schedule.
Casual to dressy. No beach attire; tailored shorts OK.
Cable Car elevator, bar and Rock Room Lounge, Main Dining Room, Fireplace Room and restrooms are all wheelchair accessible.
Child-friendly environment. Children's Menu $8.00-$13.00
An enchanting Old World setting, overlooking Soquel Creek, with fern-lined paths, gardens, waterfalls, and a hillside “cable car” elevator to take diners to the main entrance, has earned Shadowbrook a 57-plus year reputation for “Romance in Dining.”
Each of the dining areas has its own special charm:
- The creekside, glass-enclosed Greenhouse
- The cozy, paneled Wine Cellar
- The airy Garden Room, with Cypress Tree
- The Fireplace Room, with hanging balcony
- The elegant Main Dining Room
- The rooftop Redwood Room
- The Owner´s Private Dining Room
- The high-ceilinged, informal Rock Room Lounge
- Mobil 3 Stars
- Gourmet Diners Club of America Silver Spoon Award
- Mumm´s World Stars Award
- San Francisco Focus Magazine, Best Restaurant-South Bay, Most Romantic Restaurant
- San Jose Mercury News, Most Romantic Restaurant
- Good Times, Santa Cruz, Most Romantic Restaurant, Best Service, Best Place to Take Visitors
- Metro Santa Cruz, Best Romantic Restaurant, Best Service
- Wine Spectator, Award of Excellence
- Open Table, Top 100 Most Romantic Restaurant
- Santa Cruz Weekly, Best Dinner in Santa Cruz
Ted Burke and Bob Munsey
Cable car added 1958; other remodelings 1972, 1978, 1981, 1985, 1994, 1998.
The Shadowbrook kitchen was remodeled and completed in 2010.
201 Dining; 70 Rock Room Lounge.
115 Off-season; 130 In-season.
Four miles south of Santa Cruz, just up the hill from charming Capitola Village, with its shops, accommodations and a beach rated one of the 10 best family beaches in California by Parents Magazine.
Regular menu offerings of salmon, fresh seafood, pasta, prime rib and steak. Extensive wine list. Shadowbrook´s bakery department prepares delectable breads, pastries and desserts on premises.
Seating for up to 200 during the day, 12 to 100 in the evening. Complete facilities for weddings, receptions and business gatherings.
Very popular and available by phone or online.